To keep your teeth healthy, you can do a myriad number of tasks that include brushing and flossing every day, making regular visit to your dentist every six months, eating healthy foods, quitting smoking and more.
No matter, how well you maintain your dental health there is one dental issue that you could not avoid going through. Yes, wisdom teeth removal!
Actually called as third molars, wisdom teeth are the only teeth that do not develop in the womb. According to the estimates of dental experts, 60 to 85 precent of people needs to have their wisdom teeth removed. Nine out of 10 people tend to have at least one impacted wisdom tooth. But, most of the people avoid this surgery considering the cost of wisdom teeth removal in Sydney to be high.
If you want to have a comfortable experience before, during and after the wisdom teeth removal surgery, read these must-knows now to survive the wisdom tooth surgery.
Before Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Find a wisdom teeth removal specialist who clearly explains the procedure and process to you without any flaws. Ask about various things that panic you about the wisdom teeth removal and this will keep you calm during the treatment process.
- Set an appropriate appointment date that did not affect your schedule and plan it accordingly. Also, ensure that you are on a soft food diet for longer than the given period of time.
- Try to schedule your wisdom tooth removal in Sydney around noon because this let you to have an early lunch and gives you time to go back to the dentist if you need post-op care.
During Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Make sure your anaesthesia has kicked in and your dentist should check that you can’t feel pain.
- . According to the study authors, “a dental procedure might seem quicker if the dentist breaks the procedure down into two phases, emphasising when the difficult phase is over and he is moving on to the easier phase.” So, ask our dentist to update you periodically.
- Blast happy tunes if your dentist allows you to plug in earphones. It will distract you from the horrible, bone-chilling sounds of the dentist’s drill.
- If feel any pressure on your teeth that is completely abnormal, let your dentist knew it by proper signalling.
- Be aware of the wisdom teeth removal cost in Sydney to figure out the estimated expenditure of wisdom teeth removal.
- You may think that your wisdom teeth removal in Sydney takes 45 minutes, but if you have monster teeth with monster roots, then it may take more than two and half hours. So, expect the unexpected!
After Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Bite down hard on the gauze pad to stop the bleeding and change the gauze pads as instructed by your dentist.
- Avoid drinking using straw, since the sucking motion loosens the blood clot that has formed and delay healing.
- Avoid taking hot beverages because the heat promotes blood circulation and may make clotting more difficult.
- Keep the surgical area clean and use the extra gauze to gently clean the teeth near the wound too.
Moreover, if you notice any foul smell coming from the wound or signs of infection, talk to your dentist immediately.