Most of us get nervous at the thought of wisdom teeth removal. We even wonder why these teeth are developing to create problem for us. The truth is they were very helpful for our ancestors once who lose their teeth at an early age. Nowadays, with the care, we take in food and oral health they are not useful to us.
Why is aftercare post Affordable Wisdom Teeth Removal important?
The process of wisdom teeth removal is so simple and is done very quickly requiring no effort from the patient. However, after the procedure, great care is needed to keep the surgical site free from infection. The first few days of recovery phase is very crucial because this is the time when patients are most prone to complications. Your dentist will give you a list of instructions to follow after wisdom teeth removal. Here are some home care instructions which will help you provide the best care as you begin the process of recovery.
- Bite down on that gauze for at least two hours after the procedure. Change it every 20 minutes or when soaked with saliva and blood. Bleeding will last for 2 hours, but there is nothing to be alarmed if it continues. Slight oozing of blood mixed with saliva is common after affordable cost of wisdom teeth removal.
- Apply ice packs to the surgical area to reduce swelling. You can also apply heat compress to the swollen areas until swelling subsides.
- Do not rinse your mouth hard for 24 hours after the surgery.
- Follow liquid diet for some time after the procedure and go on with soft foods for at least 2 to 3 days. Focus on foods that do not require much chewing. Also, for drinking do not use a straw. Make sure you clean your mouth gently after each meal and switch to regular diet slowly. The suggested foods for the first 24 to 72 hours after affordable wisdom teeth removal cost includes
- Cream soups
- Mashed potatoes
- Applesauce etc…
- Take a lot of water, keep yourself hydrated.
- Just because you cannot have hard foods, don’t stop taking healthy food. You should be healthy despite the soft foods you take, and it is very important.
- Your dentist will suggest you some pain relievers and antibiotics after the procedure, follow the instructions correctly.
The healing time needed differs for each person. It depends on the severity of the cases and the number of teeth removed. These instructions will help you feel most comfortable during your recovery and will also prevent any complications from arising.
What is a Dry Socket and how do I avoid it?
When your wisdom teeth are removed, a blood clot will be formed in the tooth socket with seals the area from bleeding so that it can heal. Dry socket is a condition that occurs when the blood clot breaks down or dislodges. This will expose the nerves of the tooth and bone resulting in extreme pain. This is why aftercare post affordable wisdom teeth removal is very important!