Wisdom teeth also known as the third molars are more prone to problems during its eruption. This is because it is the last teeth to erupt between the ages of 17 – 21 there is very little space in the mouth. And as a result, viagra they erupt sideways, approved sometimes erupt partially or get trapped leading to infection, pain and gum line & facial swelling. When any of the above conditions become worse, your dentist will recommend you for wisdom teeth removal in Sydney.
How Wisdom Teeth Removal is done?
Wisdom tooth removal in Sydney is simple and widespread. The procedure is depended on the number of teeth are to be removed and the duration of the procedure usually takes a couple of hours. The procedure begins by injecting local anaesthesia to the affected area to make the place numb. Then the bones and gums covering the tooth are removed.
What is the Recovery Time after Surgery?
The initial healing and recovery usually takes three to five days. You will have slight bleeding for the first few hours. When the effect of anaesthesia reduces, there might be jaw stiffness, pain and feel difficulties in opening your mouth.
What Does Wisdom Teeth Removal Costs?
The cost of wisdom teeth extraction depends on many factors including the dentist’s experience, extent of the procedure, location of the dentist and the type of dental insurance you have. Normally, the price ranges from $140 to $400 per tooth. This price doesn’t include the fees associated with sedation, x-rays etc…
What to Do Immediately Following Surgery?
- Place the gauze pad for about thirty minutes in the area of surgery. After the allocated time, it will be removed meticulously.
- Avoid touching the wound following surgery.
- Take the medications as prescribed when you feel discomfort.
- Use ice packs in the surgery site to reduce swelling and pain.
Aftercare Tips for Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Maintain a proper oral hygiene.
- Don’t rinse your mouth for the first 24 hours following the removal process.
- Have only soft foods and liquid diet. Get addicted to ice cream, milk, pudding, mashed potatoes after your wisdom teeth removal.
- Brush and floss the other teeth but avoid the gum and teeth next to the extraction cost.
- After 24 hours of extraction, rinse the socket with warm water gently after and before meals. Repeat this for five days. Rinse the extraction site with antiseptic mouthwash every night.
- Avoid smoking and drinking which can lower your recovery period.
- Avoid exercise and strenuous activity for a few days.
Also, remember to drink plenty of fluids without the use of a straw after wisdom teeth removal in Sydney. If you feel any pain or discomfort in the site of surgery, immediately contact your dentist.