There are a handful of reasons as to why your oral surgeon recommends pulling your impacted wisdom tooth. Some of them include overcrowding, infections, cavities and others. After wisdom teeth removal, it is normal to face discomfort and pains. Here are some useful tips to make your recovery as smooth as possible.
- Plan: Make a plan well ahead. Talk to your surgeon and ask them what to expect. They will offer a list of guidelines that you could follow during and after wisdom teeth extraction. Schedule your surgery in such a way that you have a few days off for recovery.
- Stick to Soft Foods: You ought to depend only on soft and liquid foods after surgery. Then slowly add softer and solid foods such as pudding that aren’t so hard to munch. Keep away from spicy foods and always avoid straw.
- Take Enough Rest: You might want to return to your routine tasks at the earliest, but take things slow to make things better. Take as much rest as possible and don’t exercise at least for one day. Wait a few more days before proceeding with hard and heavy exercises.
- Rinse your Mouth with Salt Water: On the same day after wisdom teeth removal, rinse your mouth with warm salt water. Rinsing it multiple times a day, after drinking and eating can lessen swelling and pain.
- Follow Surgeon’s Advice: Oral surgeons will offer you instructions and advice for a smooth recovery after the extraction procedure. Don’t forget to follow them.
These useful tips will help you to easily recover after wisdom teeth removal. Take proper care and make it as comfortable as possible.