Having wisdom teeth can be quite petrifying and getting them removed can be even worse than that. Wisdom teeth removal in Sydney is usually done only by doctor’s recommendation in the event of cavities, infections or diseases. It’s completely normal to have any sort of pain, swelling or discomfort. Here are some useful tips for you to recover from wisdom teeth removal.
- Plan your recovery ahead of the surgery. Talk to your surgeon about the guidelines you can follow for wisdom teeth extraction. Schedule your surgery in such a way that you’ve got few days off post-surgery.
- Pay attention to what you eat. After surgery, start off with liquid based foods. Gradually progress with softer foods like pudding and proceed with solid foods. Strictly refrain from having spicy foods and avoid straws.
- Relax as much as you can. Take rest with your head elevated by pillows. Do not undergo any kind of heavy lifting or perform exercise routines without doctor’s approval.
- Open your mouth to avoid any stiffness caused after surgery. Not doing so, can make such stiffness to stay permanent. Open your mouth slowly and steadily when you do it the first time.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water, the same day after removal. Do this regularly especially after eating and drinking as this can reduce swelling and pain.
- Apart from the aforesaid tips, follow the instructions as advised by your surgeon that helps you to heal at the earliest.
These handy tips can help you recover easily from wisdom teeth extraction in Sydney, ensuring you of a much painless experience. Get well soon!