Wisdom teeth are the third molars which begin to grow at the back of your mouth. Do you know why does the wisdom tooth cause unbearable pain during its eruption? This is because, when there is not enough space in the jawline for the teeth to break through, it becomes impacted and creates various dental problems. Thus, wisdom teeth removal in Sydney is an essential one to be considered, to control the pain caused by the eruption and Wisdom teeth removal cost in Sydney is also wholly affordable with high-quality dental treatments!
Wisdom teeth often grow as curved, tilted or misaligned which requires extraction. Here are some points to deal with the impacted wisdom teeth, its extraction and post-surgery procedures!
Some of the signs of impacted wisdom tooth involve:
- Unbearable pain in the back of your mouth: This pain will increase with time as the tooth continues to erupt. They also start disturbing the glands, nerves and bone, which leads to crowding of the nearby teeth.
- Redness, soreness and swollen gums around the site: When the wisdom tooth begins to break through, they also permit the bacteria to pass through the open tissue which results in infection causing redness and swollen gums.
- Bad breath and unpleasant taste while chewing the food – When left untreated, impacted wisdom tooth can even cause cysts and tumours.
Procedures Involved In The Removal Of Wisdom Teeth In Sydney:
- A wisdom tooth can only be removed with the help of a skilled oral surgeon.
- Local anaesthetics will be introduced to the affected area during the surgical process.
- A minor cut is made around the impacted tooth.
- The small part of bone covering the teeth might need to be removed.
- The teeth may be cut into smaller slices before removal.
- The dentist applies some pressure to the tooth in order to loosen it from the socket.
- After complete removal of the impacted tooth, the small tissues are sewed and cleaned thoroughly.
- It takes about half an hour to complete the whole process which may vary for different cases.
Things To Follow After Surgery:
- Don’t touch the area with your tongue or hands after the process.
- Don’t rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash since it may end up in clotting of blood.
- Chewing on the affected area must be completely avoided.
- Smoking and drinking must be avoided completely since it may delay the healing process.
- Avoid intake of the hot and cold drinks
- Eliminate the danger of infection by maintaining good oral habits such as cleaning regularly.
- Intake soft drinks and veggie soups until your jawline and teeth become stiff.
- Avoid usage of straw as it may delay the healing process.
Extract your impacted wisdom teeth in Sydney with the help of highly trained dental professionals to escape from pain!