Wisdom teeth are a common problem found usually in teens or when the people are in their 20s. Why does it occur? What are its impacts? Find all answers down below and know about Wisdom teeth removal in Sydney.
- What are wisdom teeth? Wisdom teeth, also known as third molar, are the ones that erupt in people who are in their early 20s. More often they are removed as they can be misaligned, leading to pain and infections.
- Why do they get infected? This is due to their position in our mouth. When they are hard to reach by toothbrush, they aren’t properly cleansed leading to bacterial infections.
- What are its symptoms? Pain is the common symptom. Sometimes, it can cause pains in neck, throat & jaw and headaches too.
- How do I get it treated? Dentists often prescribe you antibiotics or pain killers for relief. In extreme cases, you need to undergo surgery.
- When should I have it removed? You don’t always have to undergo extraction, as in most cases the infections gets alleviated. But if infections occur frequently, you’ll have to proceed with the removal.
- Is extraction painful? As per your comfort, dentists can administer a local or general anaesthesia for a painless process. Surgeries last for about an hour and a half.
- How much does it cost? Extraction costs usually range from $200 to $400 that includes local anaesthesia.
- How do I recover from removal? Recovery period is around 2 weeks. Take rest as much as you can, have soft foods, rinse your mouth with warm salt water to reduce pains.
There’s no necessity of being intimidated about wisdom teeth removal in Sydney as dentists can now offer you painless surgical procedures & tips for a speedy recovery.