Skip to content
- You need to bite firmly on the gauze pads covering the extraction site to help stop the bleeding. The gauze pads will be changed before you leave the dental office. You may need to change the gauze pads once more at home, leaving gauze in 30 additional minutes. Remember you should remove the gauze before eating or drinking.
- Take care not to bite your lips, cheeks or tongue, since you may have difficulty feeling your lips, cheeks or tongue due to numbness. This is a temporary feeling and will wear off within 2 to 6 hours after undergoing cheap wisdom teeth removal in Sydney.
- You need to apply ice packs to your face to reduce swelling for the first 12 hours after surgery. Be aware that ice packs should not be used after the first 24 hours.
- Take pain medications regularly as prescribed by your dentist.
- As it may prolong the bleeding, don’t rinse or spit the day of the surgery.